I woke up early and I’m sitting here drinking my coffee catching up on the news. It’s hard to start a positive thinking type of day when one of the first things you see is Sarah Palin telling the President to “do his job.” I want a happy day and I’m starting it off by yelling at the TV. Calm, Samantha, calm. So much to do today, yesterday was a washout. I actually took some of your advice from yesterday’s comments and did nothing!




I’m happy today because – John is planting the tomato plants my mom gave him. We are actually going to have a little vegetable garden in the backyard. We will, that is if the man who is supposed to just take care of the lawn doesn’t weed whack (spelling? Even a real word?) our plants. He actually cut down half of one of our beautiful rose bushes and all of these gorgeous flowering plants called Wedding Bells. Murderer. Positive thinking Samantha, positive. Yes, John made a little raised bed that will have a ton of tomatoes (mom started them in her green house), some strawberries, and for the first time in my life – gourds, something I’ve always wanted to grow. John just came in to tell me about all of the caterpillars in the apple tree. He is enjoying this – something for him to list as his happy thought.

Today I finally go and see the allergist. I’ve been waiting for this appointment for three months. I’ve been having horrible allergies this year, with violent coughing fits. I was given prescription allergy medicine and nose spray, which took care of the coughing. But, I want to know what I’m allergic to. Is it the mold we get rid of every month on the walls (probably), the sea air, or the trees (one of the doctors I’ve seen told me I just have the “Humboldt Crud”)? I know that all sounds negative, but I’m happy to be getting to the bottom of why I’m sick.

John is doing so well in his BA program. I’m so proud of him. He is working full time, going to school, and taking such good care of me. He deserves our honeymoon and this vacation from work that he is getting. Next term he is taking an art history course (a break from business courses). I’m so excited to be starting on this adventure with him, I hope to use that class as an excuse to replace the art prints we already have hanging in the house. I chose all of those; I want to choose new ones together. Make the house “ours.” (Play Crosby, Stills, and Nash singing Our House here).

Off to start the day. Hope yours is happy.